Sunday, June 5, 2011

Wiring Down to the Goal Line

I had to find a way how to wrap all these loose wires around the pitch servo in the morning. I found a way. Not as pretty as Tony's but it gets the job done and that it no movement, no chafing, etc.


Then it was on to hooking up the roll servo that had the wires run to it yesterday but didn't get hooked up then. The same arrangement of wires had to be done to keep 'em all safe and insulated.


The 12V outlet and the music jack got installed as well and the corresponding wires were run to the panel.


To install the headset jacks O had to finally get the fuselage back on its belly and that was a good occasion to catch up with some steps I had to leave out because the side panels were not accessible.


This is the left one but I did the same on the right side and stored both panels inside the cut out so I can still roll the fuselage on both sides and work inside the tunnel easier.
The headset jack son the left side got installed easily. That is after I realized I had almost thrown out the bag with special washers that came with the headsets. A look into Dave's blog showed me a picture of what I was looking for and that reduced the search in the trash bucket to a matter of seconds. Yay!


What you can not see in the photo is that I ground off the paint and primer around the aft hole that was supposed to get grounded through the metal washer under the mounting nut. The front one, which is the microphone jack, had extra non-conductive washers installed to isolate it from the fuselage, so I helped it by not removing paint and primer on that one.
The same I will do on the right side but I hadn't looked ahead and so now I have to get the optional camera audio out jack and solder it in place before installing the jacks. As the one for the camera goes aft, it should get installed before the other two.

And, finally, and updated panel shot to show how the wires are stacking (and webbing) up. I sure hope this dreaded Skyview option will soon be available to clean this up!


The next steps will jump ahead to 32-05, steps 3 and 4 to fit the control sticks and the bushing to the control column bracket and then it will be back to continue section 31.

No comments:

Post a Comment