Friday, June 10, 2011

Flap Handle Assembly

I didn't have much time when I came home late but that couldn't keep me out of the shop completely. I got a some 90 minutes in and was able to get the primed parts from yesterday assembled and started some fine trimming too. Trying to assemble the flap handle showed that the notches in the flap arrestor needed the paint removed as the fit is really tight and the clevis pin would completely set with the paint in there.
I also started polishing the tube to reduce the OD for sliding the knob over it. That has yet to be finished.


I also took a closer look at the next steps and noticed that the flaperon pushrods will occupy most of the space in the main tunnel, making access to the cables underneath them almost impossible. As I still have to at least run the static tube through there (and wasn't there also a set of cables for the trim servo?) I feel like I should probably attach the tailcone this weekend to finish this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment