Monday, July 19, 2010

Will this deburring ever end?





What a busy day it was... After finishing the prep work on the skins yesterday, I was working my way further through page 10-02 and worked on the fuselage formers. They needed some match drilling on the aft one to support the fixture the vertical stabilizer will get attached to. So, I did that and along with more deburring and polishing. I also looked ahead and searched for additional small parts that would need to get separated and deburred to get a nice little bunch of parts for the upcoming surface prep/priming action that is soon going to happen.
So far I have spent about 14 hours on page 10-02 alone - well, I did work on some items on page 10-03 and 10-04 but they were not really time consuming. Anyway, if this continues to be such a slow progress, then I might not have to worry about how to fill the anticipated huge time gap between finishing the tailcone and waiting for the wing kit to arrive as there might not be any gap ... :-)
You can see the pile of prepared skins and you might notice that I took the time to just partially remove the vinyl on the outside of the skins. I'm not sure if this effort will get rewarded as most of the skins overlap partially and I might just go ahead and prime both sides before assembly anyway. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment