Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Squeeze It, Baby!

I was working on the bulkhead and it was supposed to get riveted to the doubler that reinforces it, along with the skid bracket and some other brackets that I don't know what they are supposed to do yet. Almost all of the rivets were AD4 squeeze rivets and I can tell you that I feel it in my arm ;-).
Clecoing the parts together was the fun part!



Here we are about 1.5 hours later and almost done with the outer rivets (the doubler and bulkhead were supposed to get riveted first).



Done! Except for the nutplates which I will install after fixing some thin primer coating on the back side. I don't want to spray on the nutplates, so I do this now and finish the riveting later. I can definitely take a break after squeezing for two hours straight.

The manuals matched mostly what I was doing except for 4 rivets that I felt were too short using the ones indicated in the manual. I have marked them and I used AD4-5 instead of the suggested AD4-4. I will probably be 4 pieces short of AD4-5 when I get to be asked to use them eventually... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment