Thursday, July 22, 2010

Prepping Surfaces

This is like a deja-vu in slow motion these days. After getting most of the deburring for this section done I moved on to prep the surfaces of the parts that won't any further processing to get riveted. The sheer number of parts to process in deburring and prepping is a bit overwhelming right now.
I finished prepping the formers and other small parts today and I am getting a bit concerned about how to process the skins. I used the lid of the crate the parts came in as temporary work table to lay the skins down and scruff them with Cortec's VpCI-440 but there are 9 skins and I am definitely not looking forward to this exhaustive type of work.
Right now we have about a 100 degrees and 70% humidity because of the monsoons and although the primer would handle these conditions, I certainly don't. Holding off the priming would also delay the build process and there's not a lot of other work that I could do right now as these parts have to be assembled in order to continue the build. I guess I will have to bite it and just see how far I can get in this weather...

No comments:

Post a Comment