Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Storing the Stabilator



Storing the larger parts like the Stabilator is becoming an issue. Although I found a good solution for the Stabilator by placing it on some swings that are hanging from the covered patio, which proved to be reliable even in gusty weather, I was getting worried that the ever creative Southern Arizona insects or even birds could find the seemingly safe housing the inside of this structure would provide too inviting to resist moving in. So, in order to prevent these undocumented aliens to invade my Stabilator I decided to seal off the possible entry points.
I used a newspaper for the center section to allow a little bit of moisture transfer and I also added 5 packs of silica gel packs inside each side of the Stabilator to avoid condensation.
I hope this turns out to be a comprehensive solution to long term storage until I finish the fuselage and eventually need to mount this part on the rest of the airplane...

No comments:

Post a Comment