Tuesday, July 13, 2010

preparing tailcone work

Just a quick update so you know I am still working on it... I was taking some time off to enjoy flying the S-12S before Monsoon season kicks in completely and to "waste" some time I wouldn't have to spend waiting for the wing kit otherwise.
But I did at least a little bit of work. That's sorting out the skins, thinking about how to build a temporary work table to do the surface prepping and priming as my little painter's corner next to the garage wouldn't do for the large skins without nicking them in some way or another.
Now it's way into July and I guess this weekend I will start coming back to my routine of working on the plane again. Deburring, breaking the edges and prepping and priming the skins are the most likely candidates on the ToDo list this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment