Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Wing Kit on the Way

I got confirmation from Van's that they received my order for the wing kit (and the lighting package). Planned day for shipping the kit is 9/13. That gives me some time to finish the empennage and stay out of the Tucsonian summer heat which will make working in the shop a pain in a few weeks.
Um. and it'll also give me some time to figure out where to find the money to pay Van's ....

There's not a lot to report from the factory. After finishing the rudder I started on the AST - the infamous Anti-Servo-Tab - and I still don't know why there are TWO and not just one. I guess I will find out when I hook up the controls.
I am prepping the parts right now and am getting them ready for priming. As the surface prep is a time consuming job I have to see if I can get home early one day this week to get it done before nightfall.

No comments:

Post a Comment