Saturday, June 12, 2010

Prepping and Priming and a little Riveting





Using the early morning cool I started the day by prepping the surfaces of the Spar Box and a few other parts I Had identified to be ready for priming. The usual routine by using Cortec-440 and a maroon Scotch-Brite pad and water to rinse.
The long forward spar took a while to get done but other than that no surprises.
Around noon the parts were ready for priming and unfortunately the wind had significantly increased to the point were I was afraid if I actually could get the priming started at all. I took my chance and it turned out to be just manageable.
Later in the evening when the parts had reasonable time to dry and settle, I washed of the excess dry spray by scruffing it with a dish washing Scotch pad and water as described before. Then I started a little bit of riveting on the nutplates of both spars.
There's much more of this to come tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment