Saturday, June 26, 2010

Prepping the Skins


In the early morning I rushed to the shop to get the work done and leave before the heat builds up. I finished the prep work from the previous evening which was to remove the vinyl on the last skin. Then I went to the VpCI-440 washing and scrubbing routine. The skins were really awkward to handle because of their size and washing off the 440 became a problem for the first time. I don't want to have the residues building up in my backyard and so I have a huge bin to collect the dirty water and dispose of it in the sewers. Only problem now is that the skin's dimension did not fit the bin. With the help of gravity I caught most of the wash-off though.
The skins are drying now and I am waiting for the wind to calm down before shooting the primer which I hope I can do later this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment