Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Nose Fairing Prepped

It was a short day in the factory as I came home late from work. I needed to sand back the second application of filler on the rear fairing half.


It could use a third, very thin layer, but I might leave this for the surface prep at the paint shop.
I moved on to the splice strips. They needed half of their vinyl removed. I marked the area for removal.


Then I used a ruler on the straight line and a soldering iron to removed the vinyl. The curved areas were done free hand.


The last step was to scratch them up real good (and the corresponding areas inside of the front fairing half as well) with 80 grit sandpaper to give the epoxy something to hold on to.


The parts are ready for the epoxy step which I delayed till tomorrow evening as daylight was fading at the end of this step.

No comments:

Post a Comment