Saturday, September 28, 2013

Anti-Servo Tabs Installed

Let's start with the good news for some positive thinking: The Anti-Servo Tabs were installed today.



This shows the deflection of the tabs in full down and full up position of the stabilator.
I had run the trim servo to full down position before I took those pictures, after I had hooked up the servo to the electrical system.


Unfortunately, these connection will have to come off again as I was not able to drive the servo out of the full down position. The trim up button had no response on the servo.

I had no tools at the hangar to track down such a problem and so I will have to bring everything I need for this tomorrow and go out there again.

To be efficient despite this setback, I checked the electrical connections of the wings and found all systems to be working correctly. Stall warner, landing light, and strobes and position lights all work as designed.

I put the N-numbers on the vertical stab and removed the vinyl from all surfaces.




On the left wing a lot of the vinyl did not come off and flaked. It is all on the belly side, so the scratches that I will inevitably put on there won't be easily visible.


No comments:

Post a Comment