Monday, August 12, 2013

Right Turtle Deck Riveted

I checked the seal for the fuel nozzle flange when I got home from work. This time it was perfect.


No cavities from trapped air or any other flaw. I cleaned the skins and the seal from the wax and re-installed it.


Looked good but I was a bit concerned about the somewhat thick bead of cured ProSeal around the opening. Sure enough the fuel cap would not go all the way into its recess.


So out with it again and I trimmed off the bead with a carpet knife.
The second time it fit much better!



I cleaned up the inside and forgot to attach the wire for the fuel sender to call this section completed.



Instead I finalized the turtle deck skin on the right side now that the tank is installed.



It looks like I am running low on rivets to complete the left side. I will order some more tomorrow as the left skin will soon get finalized too.

I don't know about you but to me this cap seems to be begging for some fuel!


No comments:

Post a Comment