Thursday, July 12, 2012

Re-Assembling the Engine

So now that the shroud has been installed the following tasks pretty much re-assemble the engine into the state it was when I got. Therefore there's not much to report for tonights work.
I put the carburetors back into their correct position and attached the intake manifolds again. Also the ignition modules were re-installed.

I prepped the drip pans for the installation that is likely to happen tomorrow evening. The instructions were a bit weird on the countersinking part as they asked for "Dimple countersick #40" the holes in the side of the pans. I assumed they meant to say "dimple or countersink". I dimpled them with the pneumatic squeezer, riveted them and covered the holes and the overlapping sheets with Pro-Seal. It was old stuff but stored in the fridge since opened and I believe it was good enough to seal a drip pan. The fuel will evaporate from the pan before it could dissolve the sealant.

That was it for tonight. Tomorrow these pans get installed and hopefully the banko fitting too. Then I'd be ready to hang the engine on Saturday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment