Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Oil Cooler Assembled

I was a little burnt out from my trip to Santa Barbara and needed some time to recuperate. Sounds more like I went to Las Vegas, but still, I was tired.
Tonight I finally caught up with the cooling system and assembled the oil cooler. The first steps required a lot of counter-sinking and dimpling and studying the plans thoroughly to determine which sides had to be treated was crucial.
This is the final work result before sliding in the cooler:

The RTV was applied and the oil cooler put in place. The nuts were screwed on the flanges (funny, no torque values were provided) and the fittings were installed (again, no torque values). I put blue tape over the holes in the side flanges that took the RTV as to not spill everywhere. More blue tape covered the fittings.

Then the bottom angle was riveted in (and more RTV added).

The next steps were to trim the fiberglass cooling duct and I wasn't prepared to make more of a mess outside the shop, so I called it quits for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment