Friday, February 11, 2011

And ..... OUT!

The right angel drill attachment I had ordered yesterday from Cleaveland Tools arrived today. I had it shipped overnight so I was sure to be able to fix this mess over the weekend. Call me ambitious ... I know.
Anyway, I just used the angel drill on the rivets I had started to work on but had to abort as the drill wouldn't stay in one spot. Well, not so with this little baby. With the right tool this issue was just a matter of a few minutes. Two nutplates were drilled out. I cleaned up the mess and will do the rest tomorrow, including riveting the new ones in.
This thing just confirmed again what I have learned during the previous build. A single task can take you a week to complete and the result will look mediocre at best if you use the wrong tool. With the right tool though, it might be so easy you won't even realize what you just completed and how great it looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment