Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Left Fairing Close to Done

I had to tweak the left fairing a bit more after adding the 3 first nutplates to its circumference. The issue was with the fit bet ween front and back halves in terms of poking out. It appeared that the thickness of the front half varied along the circumference and a closer inspection confirmed that.
I marked the areas and thinned them out on the inside of the front half with the die grinder. This helped a lot but also put some strain on the previously match-drilled holes.
Fortunately, I was able to catch the offset with the #27 drill bit so that there won't be a (newly created) problem.
Finally, I was able to mount the fairing once more to complete the match-drilling and I hope to finish the nutplate installation before the weekend so I can call this one done.


No comments:

Post a Comment