Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Another Long Day

I had taken another day off from work to continue working on the wheel fairings. In the morning I taped the two halves of the fairings together and match drilled the dimples into the flange.


The same happened to other one.


Then some measuring was in order to mark the cutout for the gear legs.


Before doing the actual cutout, I decided to jump ahead and deburr and prime the brackets, so they would be dry when I was done with the cutting and trimming.


Then back to the fiberglass and cutting out the gear leg cutout with the Dremel.


I trimmed out the rough cut with the sanding drums of the Dremel.


The right one followed with the same procedure.


The primer on the brackets had dried enough to handle them and so I riveted the nutplates on.


The next step was to attach these brackets to the axle and to the gear leg. I had already mounted the necessary hardware before installing the wheels, so I did not have to take the wheels off at this point.



And the same on the right side.



Lots of Loctite was applied when installing the bolts.

Next step will be to try the pants on and I expect a lot of trimming before they really fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment