Saturday, November 3, 2012

Cowl Hinges Riveted

I am moving along with good speed again!
Today I riveted all the piano hinges onto the lower and upper cowl halves. As usual, clecoing comes first. Here the top cowl with the first rivet set.

And here the top cowl with both side hinges installed.

Next I finished the aft hinges on the top cowl.

That finished the work on the top cowl for today, followed by more cleco, rivet, repeat action on the lower cowl.

Both sides on the lower cowl were finished and that concluded the riveting job. I then installed both halves back on the airframe to see if everything still fit as it was before.
And then the next steps will be to do some more match drilling to install nutplates on the cowls anyway.
By the way, getting those long, arched hinge pins installed on the top cowl really took some effort. I greased the pins with Boelube and that seem to have helped a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment