Monday, May 23, 2011

Short Session

I just had an hour tonight to work in the shop. I assembled the pressure gauge with a tee and the Schrader valve and the fluid fitting that will connect the assembly to the gascolator. I used Bakerseal on the threads, so it will take a day to dry enough to withstand pressure. I probably can finish flaring the pipe for the gascolator connection tomorrow and setup the test pressure then.


And then I had a moment to rivet together the parts that comprise the flap handle base. I want to paint this once it's assembled and not the separate parts as it is easier that way.


Some countersinking had to be done here so the base would stand straight on a flat surface.

4 comments:

  1. 1) Did you tap the Tee fitting for the Schrader valve, and if so, was it 3/8" x 24?

    2) Where did you get the gauge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) Nope. I got a 1/4 NPT tee and a Schrader valve with 1/4 NPT threads, so it fit right in.

    2) amazon: the 30" is this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003NV6C3M link, and the 30 psi is this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003NV46P8

    The 30 psi is for the fuel line and I will use the 30" (which is just around 1 psi) for the fuel tank instead of this silly (porous) balloon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a hard time finding that 1/4 NPT Schrader valve and ended up getting one from ebay (believe it, it's true). Total cost $5 including shipping. I think there's one on amazon but just wasn't sure if it really was what I wanted. You could probably go with the fuel tank test kit valve and get an "adapter" at Aircraft Spruce to get from 1/8" NPT to 1/4" NPT.
    http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/hapages/an912.php

    ReplyDelete