Monday, May 23, 2011

Fuel Line Pressure Test Coming Up

I spent the weekend with some light work of pulling and deburring the last parts for painting. Almost all were related to the canopy and the flap handle. I think I'll have two more paint sessions coming up. One with the canopy and flap handle parts and one for the fuel tank and related parts. Then I could tear the paint booth down and make room for the full length fuselage, so I'd have a place to store and work on the fuselage after the tailcone got attached.

Today I should receive the last parts to set up a pressure test for the already installed fuel lines, leaving out the tank. I'm a bit paranoid about fuel leaks in the plane but I guess this is a healthy attitude. The missing part is the Schrader valve and it is supposed to be in the mail when I get home. I have to manufacture a short piece of flared aluminum tubing connection but other than that I have it all in stock now. Hopefully I can set up the test tonight and have it sit over night to get a full 24 hour test done by tomorrow evening.
If this turns out to be good, I would start with the wiring.
By the way, I am now close to 700 hours of build time. including all the priming I decided to do. According to Van's build estimate I should be about done by now, which is realistic if I hadn't primed.

No comments:

Post a Comment