Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Bakersealed

I just wanted to give a short update on the fuel pressure test that I wanted to perform yesterday. Well, it turned out that for one, I wouldn't have had to wait a day for the Bakerseal to dry as it wasn't at all dried after 24 hours. I assume that is supposed to stay that way and so I encourage you to just wipe excess amounts off as they'd end up on your fingers anyway if you don't
So I went ahead and flared the short pipe extension to connect the brass tee to the gascolator fuel supply nipple. That went well and also putting the cap on the return line nipple on the firewall. Unfortunately I then had to discover that my memory had fooled me on the hook-ups to the tank. There I wanted to attach a hose of some kind to short the return with the supply line and run a pressure test over both lines at the same time. Now, the ends of these tubes are flare and need fittings to allow a hose to connect and I hadn't ordered those fittings.

Grmbl!

So I put in another order with Aircraft Spruce in the faint hope of getting these parts before the long Memorial Day weekend. I used economy USPS First Class shipping so chances are I might get it on Saturday, as California is right around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment