Monday, May 9, 2011

The Next Steps?

I just realized that I had forgotten to prep the turtledeck skins in yesterday's prepping session. I should probably do that before starting the big priming and painting session that will soon come up.
And while I was anticipating how much surface I will have to cover with paint something else occurred to me. It would probably be a wise thing to do if I'd not work on the wiring next but to build the fuel tank first - for many reasons.
For one it would delay the start of the wiring session and hopefully get me closer to the release of the SkyView option. There are a few things in the wiring step that I have already conceived as a subject to change due to the SkyView. For instance, you wouldn't run the static line all the way from the tailcone forward to the panel as the pressure detector will very likely sit in the tailcone where the D180's compass is sitting. But then you'll have to run the pitot tube all the way to the aft of the cockpit, etc..
So in short, delaying this section could help in not working yourself into a corner. And then there is the practical aspect of where to store what and when. The space in the carport that is currently occupied by the paint booth is where I wanted to keep the fuselage once it is connected to the tailcone. This is where I wanted to work on the canopy and so on. So it would be really helpful if I could get the painting of the interior completed soon, so I could remove the booth before continuing with the build and ending up with a larger, bulkier structure that will need to go into that spot.
I am also nearing the expiration date of the ProSeal tube but that is certainly a minor issue and I kept it in the fridge the whole time, so I'm probably good even a few weeks beyond the date.
So, tonight I will look into what is required for the tank construction and start deburring the parts I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment