Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Ready for Prep-n-Prime

I was transitioning to night shift again and had the whole day to deburr edges and holes and countersink a few holes and get every part of Section 14 ready for prepping and priming. Sure enough it was raining today and the humidity was high, so no chance to get an early start on shooting primer. I took easy and focused on doing a good job on the deburring instead.
The only odd step in dealing with the hinge brackets was that they are supposed to get countersunk on both side of the same hole, which I assume to mean that the manufactured head will have to fill the countersunk area and that the rivet is supposed to not protrude beyond either side's surface.



After about 4 hours I was done with deburring and had created a nice little stack of parts that need some primer on them:



And the rear spars got finished too



Tomorrow I hope to get at least the prepping done.

No comments:

Post a Comment