Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Inventory on Wing Kit Done

I'm getting really professional at unpacking subkits or there just weren't that many parts in this kit. Anyway, I finished the inventory in just two hours (at 100 degF) and I came out one screw short. It's pretty amazing that they do such a great job, although it also proves my point of why they not just add one screw of each kind to make sure they wouldn't have to spend $3 on shipping a screw that's worth about a cent or two. It would also be a kindness to the builder who sometimes drops a screw and has a hard time locating it in the mess he calls his workshop.
Oh well, I guess Oregon had a lot of Scotsmen coming over at some point in time...
Here are pictures of the two boxes before I started unpacking:





The long box is a bit more than 15ft long and with a little bit of creativity I might be able to get it into my workshop for the last hot days. I'm sure though that I will have to move the spar outside to put the ribs on ...

No comments:

Post a Comment