Friday, September 17, 2010

Prepping and Priming the Attach Brackets

No fancy title today. I had time to work on the plane during the day as I was on transition to what we call evening shift. This is a couple of hours before sunset till around midnight, so I didn't have to be in before 4pm and I spent the day prepping and priming the 20 Attach Brackets and some other small parts that are part of the Wing Spar Assembly.
This work always takes more time than anticipated and there's not a lot to focus on, so my mind wandered off and thought about the number of ribs to prep, if I really want to fully prime them. I might change my mind on that, really...

This shows the temporary storage of the spars in front of the work shop (to the left). I wasn't sure if they would really fit in the shop AND provide enough space to walk around them with the door closed. So I stored them there and I found some deep scratches in the anodizing that I wanted to clean and cover with primer as well.



Here are the parts after the prep work with Cortec-440:



And here's the result after the primer went on.



and one spar got some treatment too.



Then I had to run to work to make it in time - as I said that prep and prime work always takes longer than you think....

No comments:

Post a Comment