Tuesday, May 18, 2010

VS skeleton ready, skins prepared





Tonight I finished the assembly of the VS skeleton, and put it aside to make room for the VS skins. Final drilled the #19 holes in the front and main skin and dimpled the nut holes and the rivet holes for the nut plates. I'm not sure how straight the edge of the front skin has to be that has to be trimmed after removing some excess material. I was very careful when removing the material but the edge doesn't seem to be completely straight. We'll have to see how that will look when the two skins will be put together.
When riveting the AN426AD3 rivets for the nut plates my hands grew tired on the last batch of 9 rivets and I had to give up for the night as I didn't feel I could still do a good job squeezing them. Those rivets are small but a large number of them gets me tired after a while. I think I'll be dreaming of a pneumatic rivet squeezer tonight. If only they'd be more affordable...
Just summed up my worked hours on the VS ... about 26 so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment