Monday, May 17, 2010

Another good day for confidence






Tonight I made up for my mistakes of the weekend! This time I read the manual first before enjoying the assembly too much.
As the modified countersink tool I bought on eBay arrived today, I was able to countersink those holes close to the flange on the upper spar caps. That was the last step before I wanted to rivet them to the rear spar and finish this part for now.
That all worked great and the new countersink stops worked perfectly.
So I got to assemble my first ribs to the front spar and install a bunch of nutplates with countersunk rivets. I was amazed how nice everything worked out and after spending another 5 hours in the workshop the lower part of the VS started to become visible!
Tomorrow I will add the remaining ribs and the rear spar and then we'll be able to see what this is supposed to look like!! I am excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment