Sunday, January 26, 2014

Phase I completed

Over the weekend I took a moment to install the Kroger Sunshade to get out of the searing sun, at least some of the flight time.



This sunshade is very effective and super light-weight, so it's a no-brainer in my book.

On Saturday and Sunday I collected some more climb data and various airspeed data to compare against the GPS groundspeed by eliminating the wind factor.
The toughest was the 50kt box as the plane is close to stall and not very maneuverable without getting completely out of balance. It took me a while but I was able to collect some good data.

After the duties flight testing were completed I went back up to 6500 feet and took some more photos of the beautiful winter scenery around Tucson.




Then I headed out West to Silverbell Mine.







On the way I took a shot of my home airport, KAVQ, from the North.


And on the way back from the mine I passed my old home field where I trained for my Sport Pilot license and where I had my Rans S-12S stationed for a while, 4AZ8, The Ultralight Strip.



All in all a very nice and relaxed flight to finish off Phase I. The plane is very easy to fly and has absolutely no surprising characteristics. The next weekends should be fun when I can finally leave the 25nm radius around KAVQ.

After landing and hangaring the plane, I made the important Phase-I-completed logbook entry and removed the 5-gallon water ballast tank from the passenger seat.


The seat is now available for human passengers if they so please to come along with me.

3.75 years after pulling the first rivet on a pile of aluminum sheet metal, I am sitting in this contraption and am flying around in it.

Absolutely amazing!

Would I do it again?

You bet, I would!

1 comment:

  1. Outstanding- I'm at least two years away from repeating your words! Great job, great pictures

    ReplyDelete