Monday, January 20, 2014

Grounded by the Flu

I have just been made aware of the fact that although it looked like I was in full flow with the flight testing procedures the postings here suddenly stopped coming.
Well, the reason - as the title strongly suggests - was not at all voluntary silence but a bad case of the flu (yes, I did get the flu shot in November).
Yesterday, I had just been out at the hangar again and the first time for what appears to have been two weeks.

During my unplanned hiatus I was busy getting a canopy seal kit from Van's as well as a glareshield. The glareshield fits perfectly without any trimming and smoothly aligns with the canopy frame without too much clamping force needed. I will try to complete the surface preparation during this week, so I can spray the paint on the weekend and then install it when the paint has cured. I still have quite an amount of the Dupont Flat Black that I used for the instrument panel. If that turned out to be not "flat" enough, I could always cover the top with fabric later on.

I was also getting ready to install the Kroeger sunshield yesterday but because of teh flu being rather tiring I did not feel up to the task of marking the center of the canopy for the correct alignment of the center slide of the sunshield. I just did not trust myself enough to do a good job in this condition, so I refrained from continuing the installation.

This will all have to wait till the next weekends but the good news is that I am feeling better every day and that there is only a bit more of climb data to be collected before I can sign her off.

No comments:

Post a Comment