Sunday, November 10, 2013

Ready For Inspection

All the covers had to come off again. Some more spiral wrapping and cable tying around wires and some cleanup was necessary. Then it looked like this again:


The engine also needed some touch-ups, mainly to secure some wires that could chafe.



I also completed the safety wiring on the gascolator. Do not ask me how I liked it!


I also completed a lot of additional torque sealing and retorquing. I found the AN3 bolts on the nose wheel bracket to have had a few loose ones. I torqued them and marked them to check again after more taxi testing.

The second day of the weekend was more of the same. Torquing, torque sealing and bending cotter pins. Too boring to take a photo of. I also found one missing placard on the rear window and fixed it by applying it.


The last step was spent on removing more blue from the lower left wing - for a few hours .... and you can hardly see it. I removed 1.5 fields and there are 8 more to go.


The plane is ready for inspection now. If the FSDO is cooperating, it might happen next Thursday. If not, it will have to wait until after the 22nd. Cross your fingers that we can make it happen this Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment