Tuesday, March 20, 2012

SkyView on the Horizon

No work has been done on the plane over the weekend. The reason for this is twofold. On Saturday, my friend Denny wanted to come by with his flying -12 from Deer Valley to take a look at my project. To avoid embarrassment about a really messy workshop, I cleaned up a bit and made everything look a little bit more professional as a lot of clutter had collected over the last few weeks. However, the weather did not agree and strong winds and gusts were moving in a day early and canceled Denny's flight - leaving me with a clean workshop.
I couldn't really use this opportunity though as all I had to do was happening outside the shop and would have also required to tip up the canopy which I refused to do during these heavy winds rolling though the backyard.
The following day was characterized by a severe temperature drop (last night was close to freezing) and I couldn't convince myself to even leave the cozy warmth of the house for more than just a minute or two at a time.

There's one big improvement though. I contacted Van's after waiting for additional information about my SkyView order. Initially they had emailed me that they'd tell me more about my order status within 2-3 weeks and by now I was waiting for 6 weeks without a notice and so I thought it was time to show some initiative.
Barb and Diane from Van's were very helpful and I am supposed to among the next 10 orders to get shipped out. They mailed me my balance (I hadn't paid in full when ordering as I wasn't sure how many months they'd be sitting on my money) and I'll send them the rest this week so remove any financial obstacles that could prevent them from filling that order.
Hopefully I'll see my SV package in the weeks and even more so I am hoping that there are no wiring harnesses on backorder. As a matter of fact, I could live without the SV display and other hardware for a while if I only get all the wiring done for now. THIS is the real reason why I was and am held up.
Once the rest of the wiring went in, I can put the bird on its feet and continue with all the other tasks that I held off until I don't have to turn the fuselage on its side anymore.
Let's cross fingers, that the SV package get here by the end of March (of THIS year)!

No comments:

Post a Comment