Monday, January 16, 2012

Main Gear Section Started

The first step in Section 35 has nothing to do with the main gear or any gear at all. It deals with installing the upper engine mount and that immediately revealed a severe lack of proper tools.
After drilling the holes into the firewall and the engine mount blocks and deburring the holes, I noticed that I neither had a torque wrench that would allow for a torque of the 160-190 inch pounds, nor did I have the proper adapter to connect the 3/8" nut to the 1/4" torque wrench. This stalled my day in the shop that I had planned for.
A quick look on amazon showed that there was a good torque wrench available that would deliver the necessary torque as well as provide the desired 3/8" connection. I ordered it right away but it wouldn't get here before Wednesday.
I couldn't motivate myself beyond getting this step started and didn't feel the desire to start working on the actual tires.

No comments:

Post a Comment