Sunday, January 15, 2012

A Little Bit of This, a Little Bit of That

I finished the rear window installation by tapping the match-drilled holes in the rollbar with a 6-32 drill tap. There's really not a lot of material holding the screws in the rollbar, and the screw is certainly harder than the aluminum, so I better remember not to tighten them too much when installing the window.
I have not yet repaired the crack I caused in the rear window but I received the cement necessary to do so.
Instead I started pulling the parts for the Main Gear section to start assembling the tires. It also looks like installing the upper part of the engine mount would be a possible step to complete next.
In a surge of overwhelming optimism I also checked the Van's website to see if there was an updated Avionics order form available as rumor had it that it should be available around now. Did it really surprise me that it still said that they are working on the SkyView update and that they wouldn't take any orders for now?

No comments:

Post a Comment