Friday, April 18, 2014

Ready to Paint

Finally I got all my parts and supplies together to get into a weekend of painting!

It took quite a few trips to (different) Sherwin-Williams paint stores before I found competent help that guided me to the right paint. It was even more challenging though to get the color mixed that I wanted. Here are the results:



The color is Laughing Orange (SW 6895) that turns out to be a very nice Mango color when applied on a bright white background.
Resilience is supposed to be better than their All-Surface Enamel which I had intended to get as it does not yellow and chip because exposure to sunlight (Tucson is really tough in the sun department).
I intend to use EkoFill as a filler and UV coating on the fiberglass, followed by the Multi-Purpose Latex primer and then by the top coats.
The idea is to roll-on the filler and primer coats and then spray the top coat. We'll see how that all works out....

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment