Friday, June 14, 2013

Cabling the Controls

I got home early today. Early enough to work a bit more on installing the engine controls. So I connected the cables to the engine and found a routing that should be causing minimum interference with sensitive parts like oil hoses and such. I also installed the slightly softer McFarlane springs on the throttle, replacing the Rotax original hardware.




It took me a bit to get this all set up because of not being able to find appropriate tools that would fit the hardware. I realized a bit late that this is metric hardware that caused me the troubles. Use a metric 10 wrench on the nuts of the throttle arm and a metric #4 allen wrench for removing the existing bolt attached to the throttle.
I have a slight interference between the left throttle cable and the oil hose leading to the pressure sensor and I will apply some RTV to it to avoid chafing.
After an hour I called it quits as it was a hot and slightly humid day that made working outside not very enjoyable. I will finish up tightening the hardware tomorrow morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment