Monday, May 6, 2013

Section 47 Completed

For now I am done with the propeller and spinner installation. I verified with my angle protractor tool that the blades were within 0.2 - 0.3 degrees. I must have been lucky or incompetent in using the tool correctly. Either way, we will find out when firing up the engine due to the existence or the lack of excessive vibration. So I torqued the propeller bolts to 20 ft-lbs.


I also reinstalled the spark plugs and marked the bolts as torqued.


I even decided to install the spinner at this point and follow the instructions verbatim as I anticipate that I will not change the blade angle before some engine runs and taxi testing and I did not want to lose the gap fillers that do not have a lot of support without the spinner installed.


The spinner aligned very well with the drilled holes and proved that I must have done a good job distributing the errors evenly enough that there was no interference with the fiberglass when screwing the screws in.
Now back to the lower cowl and the installation of the heat reflecting aluminum foil.

No comments:

Post a Comment