Monday, March 18, 2013

Removing the Pedals

So, it turned out that I actually had completed the SB without even realizing. There were so many steps left on my work sheet but after a closer look they revealed to be applicable only to flying or completed RV-12s.
The only thing for me left to do (at this point) was to re-install the ELT and I decided to hold off on that for just a little while as the next steps might cause some bumps to the fuselage that could trigger the ELT if it was real sensitive.

These next steps are the removal of the pedals that I dreaded for so long. I started by removing the little aluminum angles that are screwed onto the tunnel structure and the panel that would prevent me from pulling out the pedals to the aft. Working in this area is really no fun at all as access is almost impossible without lieing upside down with the head under the panel. I am trying to get around this if I can. I did not have much time yet to remove all the bolts and screws holding the pedals yet, so I leave this post as a stub until I finished the task.
I removed those angles though and have free access to remove the pedals now.

4 comments:

  1. My chiropractor loved it when I had to work on the pedals or in the tunnel. Guaranteed office visit within two days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Torsten: What area of Tucson do you live. I started an RV-12 build in December 2012. I live in NW Tucson, Orange Grove and First. I'd like to see your project.

    Jim Gries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim, I'm in the NW too, Oracle & Magee (North of Ina). Email me at rv12av8or (at) gmail and a dot, followed by com(trying to confuse the email address scanners).

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete