Saturday, December 28, 2013

She's Flying Again

After closing everything up yesterday and doing a successful engine ground run with some time at WOT with pleasing fuel pressure and flow indications, I did a 50 minutes test flight today.
I can say it feels good to be flying again and the fuel supply did not show any issues whatsoever.
The only problem that is left is the erratic RPM readings once I reach 5100 RPM. Obviously my attempted fix in securing the plug that connects the avionics to the cable coming from the Rotax did not solve the problem. I will have to dig into that at some point but don't see the need for it right now.
Currently I am more hampered by the small test flight area of just 25nm around my home airport. At 110 knots you reach the edge of the area pretty quickly! The following pictures shows the North North-West edge of that area.


and the Skyview at the same location, showing 117 knots TAS at 4900 feet and at only 5070 RPM. This plane is really fast, and I haven't even installed the wheel and leg fairings yet!


Now I have to read into the flight testing exercises and get to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment