Monday, August 6, 2012

More Cowl Work

Tucson is currently not a place to be. Humidity is ridiculously high and the sun is still shining all day, so being outside is simply dreadful.
This is my excuse for not being too enthusiastic right now to work on the cowl. All this dusty work has to happen outside and I can only take so much of this heat right now.

Tonight I spent about an hour working on some fine trimming on the bottom cowl in the nose section. The edges had to get trimmed to allow the top cowl to sit snug.

I wasn't really sure about the trimming of the inside edges. The plans don't show it clearly but the scribe lines clearly show that this should get cut off. I did so, knowing that anything odd would be covered by the prop hub and the spinner.

It's raining right now, so hopefully tomorrow might be a bit cooler. I wouldn't bet any money on that forecast though.

No comments:

Post a Comment