Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Tank Painted

I'm late with updating this entry but the work has been done as anticipated. Yesterday I painted the last parts for the interior, the map box, the fuel neck and the tank.
Despite my troubles in getting a good job done when priming (remember, I produced some small runs), the paint job turned out way better than my previous average work. Actually I think the map box and the tank are my masterpieces with the spray gun.

Take a look at the pieces and note the shiny reflections which prove that the surface is really smooth. Here are the parts right after applying the last coat.




And here after a night of polymerizing in the heated paint booth.


I believe, I am done with painting large interior parts at this point but before tearing down the paint booth I will do an inventory and see if there's nothing hiding in a corner of the shop ...

No comments:

Post a Comment