Friday, April 27, 2012

Left Panel Replacement

I so messed up my new left panel for Skyview tonight! I came home from work and I was considerably tired but wouldn't want to to admit it. Instead I wanted to get some more hours in the shop done and I picked the wrong part to mess with. Something that couldn't get fixed easily ...
I grabbed the left panel piece, clecoed the angle to it and thought I used the cutouts in that angle to open the holes for mounting the Intercom unit in that place. WRONG!!!!

This picture just shows the markings I put on before drilling. The angle is definitely the wrong template to do this. Look at the right panel if you want to see what really is needed.
Now that I messed this up and am waiting for F-00028 to arrive from Van's (this one is the real SV panel that already has the cutouts in it), I can tell you how to do it right. You only drill the two #30 holes from the angle into the panel. Then you can use either the real front plate that came with the intercom to cleco it on, using the drilled holes, or you use the right panel. Either way, the two #30 holes are your reference, nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment