Friday, July 27, 2012

Tunnel Work

The fiberglass work on the tunnel started with emphasizing the scribe lines for trimming.

I had two scribe lines on the top on the oil cooler cutout as you should be able to see in the picture. The right one turned out to be the outer one.
A first fitting showed the opening to not block any air flow through the oil cooler.

I found a support technique to set up the assembly for match-drilling.

The match-drilling was quickly done and the oil cooler removed for the next step of fitting the tunnel to the radiator.

The first step for the radiator fitting was to trim the interface frame to scribe lines, except for one side that should have some excess amount left for fitting.

When that was done, I hit a turning point as the tunnel was now to be inserted into the lower cowl. Obviously, I skipped this section and delayed it for after the engine was installed. This is apparently the moment now, to halt section 49 and jump back to the cowl installation.
Not today though, I had enough dust around me for a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment