Friday, March 25, 2011

Getting Ready for the Big One

Yesterday I did some little riveting work to complete the assembly of the seat backs with the piano hinges. It wasn't aenough work to create a separate post, so I just document it with today's blog entry.
The seat backs paint job turned out good except for one where the paint was a little light on the side support angles, so I will have to respray that this weekend.

Tonight I started cleaning and masking the canoe to get it ready for tomorrow morning's paint session. This will be the big one and I hope it'll turn as nice as the smaller parts I have sprayed so far. Sure would be nice.


I am almost done with the masking.


The only part left is the firewall that has to get completely covered. I will not paint it because as the name 'firewall' this could get really hot if a midair fire would occur and the paint could start to burn and emit gases worse than the fire at that point. Also, it's not really easy to paint stainless steel, nothing really sticks to it. So instead of creating a horribly looking, paint peeling death trap I just leave it as it is.
Besides finishing the masking I will also have to scruff the primer and clean the surface again before moving this canoe into the booth.

No comments:

Post a Comment