Friday, September 13, 2013

Backup Battery Replaced

I received a brand new battery from Dynon to replace my failing original one - and that without any discussion or ado. I am somewhat impressed. It still does not make up for the bother I had before nor with the one I will probably have when I start chasing the backup network bus problem to one of the servos. For now I am good though.


I put the battery back in its place and screwed it down.


I also put some spiral wrap around wire sets that looked like they needed some stiffening or protection.


During the whole time I was running the display to charge the battery but 1.5 hours into the charging session it was still far from done.


So I let the plane sit and continue charging while I was cooling down inside.

Later that night I ran a full test to see how long the battery can support the SV.


It turned out to be way more than an hour. My last check was at around 1:15h, the next time I checked it was off.

I also attached the TSO label on the transponder after updating the software.


The software update requirement had escaped me until this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment