Monday, March 4, 2013

AN5 bolts too short

Tonight I had a chance to find out if my concerns about the length of the AN5 bolts I expressed yesterday were true. I really hate it when I'm right about stuff like that. They sure are too short to show at least one thread through the nut when using two AN960-516 washers and I sure won't leave out a washer just because Van's was too cheap to provide thinner ones.
I've just ordered a few AN960-516L as well as 4 AN5-23A bolts. I think I might just insert the slightly longer bolts instead of using the thinner washers. I would have to replace both washers to allow for enough grip on the nuts and therefore I have to remove the bolts anyway.
Let's hope the hardware makes it here until Wednesday evening when I have time to build again.

No comments:

Post a Comment