Sunday, July 10, 2011

Selling a Plane for an Engine

This week was quite an exhausting one. Not because of countless hours in the shop but because of readying my little grasshopper for sale. It is currently undergoing a pre-sale inspection and will be hangared thereafter to protect from this year's violent summer storms. If the inspection doesn't reveal any yet undiscovered problems with the engine the sale should got through this month.
Although I haven't built this little gem and just owned a few months short of two years, I have built up quite some pleasant memories during this time and while flying it into the controlled airspace of the strip where the inspection would take place, I relived all these great memories. It was a challenging task to perform a greaser landing while being distracted of the realization that this might very well be the last time landing this beautiful plane.
Once we have done the paperwork next week, I should have my answer as to how to pay for the RV-12 engine kit and also a revitalized and strong desire to finish the build at hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment